Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• On Aug. 27, an officer, along with the Marietta Fire Department, responded to 619 10th St. in reference to an overdose. A 27-year-old woman is being issued a summons for drug paraphernalia.
• An officer was dispatched to First Bank, 320 Front St., on Aug. 27 in reference to a forged check.
• An officer responded to the Second Street Speedway on Aug. 27 in reference to a suspicious man. He was located and identified as Dirk Edward Filon, of 120 Wells Ave. He provided false spelling of his name, date of birth and Social Security number. He was charged with obstructing official business.
• On Aug. 28, an officer responded to Speedway, 100 N. Seventh St., in reference to a theft. An unknown white man had entered the store and put several items in a duffel bag.
• An officer was dispatched to the police department on Aug. 28 for a threats complaint. While investigating the complaint, the juvenile suspect threatened to kill the female victim. The suspect will be summoned on a charge of aggravated menacing.
• On Aug. 29, an officer observed a suspicious man walking in the 700 block of Greene Street behind closed businesses. He was identified as Earl Dean Griffin II, f 2460 Pleasant Ridge Road. A search of his pocket revealed 0.82 grams of suspected methamphetamine. Griffin was arrested.
• Hunter W. Henthorne, of 114 Washington St., reported Aug. 29 that his firearm was stolen from his residence.
• The Marietta-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau, 241 Front St., Suite 7, reported Aug. 29 that their door had a damaged lock. It appears someone tampered with the lock.
• An officer responded to 421 Phillips St. on Aug. 29 for a report of a drug overdose. A 24-year-old woman was revived by Marietta Fire Department personnel and drugs were recovered at the scene.
• On Aug. 29 officers were dispatched to 111 N. Hart St., Apt. 9, in reference to a disturbance. It was learned that Brandon Lee Hoffert, of that address, had chased a family member with a stun gun and damaged a vehicle by jumping up and down on the hood. He was arrested on charged of domestic violence by threat and criminal damaging.
• The Shoe Department, 209 Captain D. Seeley-MIA Drive, reported a shoplifter on Aug. 30. Officers made contact with a man walking in the 800 block of Pike Street wearing clothing as described by the complainant. Shane Smith, of Massillon, was wearing a new pair of Nike’s. He was intoxicated and said he didn’t know he had walked out of the store with the shoes on. He was arrested for theft.
• On Aug. 30, it was reported that a Marietta Middle School student took her mother’s medication to school, taking a pill herself and giving one to a friend. The friend’s parent took her child to the hospital after the student had a reaction from the medication. Both students were charged.
• On Aug. 31, an officer was dispatched to the hospital in reference to a sexual assault. This case remains under investigation.
•An officer was dispatched to Walmart on Sept. 1 in reference to a man threatening to burn down the Rivercrest Apartments at 1200 County House Lane. Shawn Eugene Covey, of 1202 County House Lane, Apt. J, was arrested for making a false alarm.
• Officers were dispatched to the Historic Harmar Railroad Bridge on Sept. 1 in reference to a man yelling and getting on the railing. After investigation, it was determined that the man had not been taking his medication but had no intention of hurting himself. He was released into the custody of an acquaintance and taken to his residence.
• An officer was dispatched to the Lafayette Hotel on Sept. 1 in reference to the theft of a bicycle. After viewing footage of the incident, a suspect was identified. A warrant will be requested.
• On Sept. 1, an officer responded to Colegate Drive in reference to a disturbance. A 15-year-old was taken to the juvenile detention center and charged with domestic violence by threat, unruly juvenile and criminal mischief.
• An officer responded to 835 Glendale Road, Apt. 1 on Sept. 1 in reference to a disturbance. Glendon J. Wilson, of 753 Glendale Road, Apt. 1, was arrested and charged with domestic violence and disorderly conduct by fighting. Robert H. Bailey was issued a citation for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Fourth Street on Sept. 2 in reference to a juvenile sitting on a curb in front of KFC. The girl said she had left her parent’s residence while they were sleeping to meet someone. She was returned home.
• On Sept. 2, a woman came to the police department to report possible child abuse. The case will be forwarded to Washington County Children Services.
• James M. Hendershot, of Parkersburg, reported a theft Sept. 2 at 111 Putnam St. It was learned that tools and other items were stolen from his business.
• During a traffic stop Sept. 3 in the 400 block of Greene Street a marijuana pipe and a container with a white powdery substance were located in the vehicle. The driver confessed that the powder was cocaine. The items were collected and sent for testing.
• A deputy responded to Schau Road, Adams Township, on Sept. 3 to meet with an employee of Highland Ridge Water, regarding theft of services. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 10915 State Route 550, Vincent, on Sept. 3 in reference to William Hall reporting Mark Moyers trespassed on his property. Hall had taken photos of Moyers weed eating and they do show Moyers weed eating along Hall’s fence, which is over the property line. A deputy later met with Moyers, who denied being on Hall’s property. A summons is being requested for Mark B. Moyers, 36, of 10965 State Route 550, Vincent, for criminal trespassing.
• On Sept. 3, a deputy began an investigation in reference to a subject being scammed out of money through Facebook Marketplace. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to Hazelwood Drive, Marietta, on Sept. 3 in reference to a loose dog in that area getting into the trash. This case remains under investigation.
• Walter Griffin of Marietta, reported a missing item from his residence on Sept. 3. This case remains under investigation.
• Leslie Lunsford reported her license plate missing on Sept. 4. This case remains under investigation.
• On Thursday, a deputy responded to Poinciana Street, Newport, to a report of Stacy Yvette Lee breaking a window out at that residence. Lee, 48, of 615 River Road, Marietta, was arrested for aggravated menacing and criminal damaging.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Cynthia Kay Dailey, 45, of 615 East Montgomery St., Lot 17, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Levi Harrison Reynolds, 25, of 4755 Veto Road, Vincent, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dirk Edward Filon, 35, of 120 Wells Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Carrie Sue Britton, 33, of 290 Ridgewood Drive, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony, and domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Aaron J Matthew Huseman, 32, of 240 Hillcrest Drive, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• David Allen Butler, 39, of 108 Shamrock Drive, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Cory Everett Meeks, 34, of 20125 State Route 550, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Courtney Nicole Anderson, 29, homeless, was arrested for driving under suspension, failure to display, fictitious plates, drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana, all misdemeanors.
• Christopher Freemont Knox, 48, of 2007 Northwood Road, Charleston, W.Va., was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Elizabeth Riley Mockler, 23, of 379 State Route 266, Stockport, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Jennifer Kae Mosser, 39, homeless, was arrested for aggravated menacing, and violation of a temporary protection order, both misdemeanors.
• Nathan Scott Tewkesbury, 34, of 521 Barclay St., Apt. 15, Belpre, was arrested for petty theft, a misdemeanor.
•Charles David Amore, 36, of 645 Congress Road, Belpre, was arrested for driving under suspension, and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Noble Isaac Gibson III, 39, homeless, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.